Vegan Poppyseed Pie with Cherry Sauce.
You can have Vegan Poppyseed Pie with Cherry Sauce using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegan Poppyseed Pie with Cherry Sauce
- You need of For the Pie:.
- It’s of flax eggs (3 tbsp flax seeds + 7.5 tbsp water).
- You need of coconut sugar.
- You need of plant-based milk.
- Prepare of plant-based butter.
- It’s of flour.
- You need of poppyseeds.
- You need of baking powder.
- Prepare of lemon zest.
- You need of For the Sauce:.
- You need of frozen cherries.
- Prepare of coconut sugar.
- You need of cognac.
- It’s of lemon juice.
- Prepare of corn flour.
Vegan Poppyseed Pie with Cherry Sauce instructions
- Mix the “eggs” with the sugar, the butter, the lemon zest and the milk till they are a smooth mixture..
- Add the flour, the baking powder and poppyseeds also (the whole or grinded poppyseeds is optional).
- Bake in a 25×35 cm baking sheet lined with parchment paper, preheated to 160 degrees, in 45 minutes. Let's do the needle test!.
- Meanwhile, we make the cherry sauce. Boil the frozen cherries in a pan with the sugar, lemon juice and cognac..
- The starch is dissolved in a little cold water, added to the boiling sour cherries, thickened with constant stirring and removed from the heat..
- Serve the sliced poppy seed pie with the cherry sauce..