Tomato bulgur pilaf.
You can cook Tomato bulgur pilaf using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tomato bulgur pilaf
- It’s of Bulgur rice.
- You need of olive oil.
- You need of unsalted butter.
- You need of small white onion, finely diced.
- You need of medium Tomato, roughly diced or 1 tin chopped tomatoes (400g tin).
- Prepare of salt.
- It’s of black pepper.
- You need of Chicken or vegetable stock or Water.
- You need of Tomato paste.
Tomato bulgur pilaf instructions
- Wash and rinse the bulgur 2-3 times in a bowl and set it aside..
- Finely dice the onion and tomato and transfer into two small bowls..
- In a saucepan, on medium heat, heat up the olive oil and butter. Add the onion and sauté until the onions are soft and translucent. Stir frequently to prevent burning..
- Then add the tomato (or tinned tomatoes) and sauté until completely softened. Season with salt and pepper..
- Now add the bulgur rice to the onion and tomato mixture..
- Increase the heat to high and add either the chicken, vegetable stock or water. Then add the tomato paste and stir all of the ingredients well. Let the liquid come to a simmer. Taste and amend if necessary (add salt, pepper etc)..
- Once most of the water has been absorbed, reduce the heat to medium low and cover with a lid. Let the rice cook for about 10 more minutes..
- Once rice has cooked turn off heat. Let the bulgur rice sit for 5 – 10 minutes, then fluff it with a fork or wooden spoon. Serve as a side dish to accompany other dishes such as with grilled meat, a salad, grilled vegetables and with plain yogurt on top..
Welcome to the official American Food Website, where you can chat with chefs, get recipes and connect with food-minded friends.