You can cook Vegan Mayonnaise using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegan Mayonnaise
- Prepare 3 tbsp of aquafaba (the water from a can of unsalted chickpeas).
- Prepare 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar.
- You need 1 tsp of maple syrup or agave nectar.
- You need 1 tsp of dijon mustard.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 200 of ml/1 cup neutral-tasting oil; e.g. organic rapeseed, grapeseed, sunflower.
Vegan Mayonnaise step by step
- Place the aquafab, vinegar, syrup, mustard and salt in a jug..
- Using a stick blender, whizz the ingredients until fully combined..
- Add 2 tbsp oil and pulse the blender the oil is just combined (this only takes a few seconds).
- Add another 2 tbsp oil and pulse for a few seconds again..
- Repeat this process adding just 2 tbsp oil at a time, until all the oil is incorporated and the mayonnaise has become thick and creamy. (It is important to add the oil slowly, so it has a chance to emulsify)..
- Taste test and add a touch more vinegar, mustard, sweetener or salt, if desired.
Welcome to the official American Food Website, where you can chat with chefs, get recipes and connect with food-minded friends.