Soft tofu with sweet sticky tamarind sauce 🥢.
You can have Soft tofu with sweet sticky tamarind sauce 🥢 using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Soft tofu with sweet sticky tamarind sauce 🥢
- You need 1 block of soft tofu, cut into 8 big cube.
- It’s 4-5 tbsp of vegetable cooking oil (or enough for shallow fry).
- You need of Coated flour.
- You need 2-3 tbsp of plain flour.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of bread crumbs.
- Prepare Pinch of salt and pepper.
- It’s of Sweet tamarind sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of tamarind paste (rice wine vinegar can be used if you can’t find tamarind paste).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of palm sugar or brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of fishsauce (or soysauce for vegetarian option).
- It’s 1 splash of water.
- It’s of Garnish.
- Prepare of Finely julienned spring onions.
- Prepare 1-2 tbsp of finely chopped bell pepper (I use all 3 colours, red, yellow and green).
- It’s of Japanese chilli powder- shichimi.
Soft tofu with sweet sticky tamarind sauce 🥢 instructions
- Cut up tofu into big cube, mix flour and breadcrumbs into a mixing bowl, coated tofu in seasoning flour and breadcrumbs. Leave it aside..
- Making sticky sweet tamarind sauce- add tamarind paste, palm sugar and fishsauce in a small medium heat saucepan. Keep stirring until everything dissolve and combine. If sauce too thick you can add a splash of water..
- Prepping for garnish- finely sliced 3 different colours of bell pepper and julienned spring onions and soak in cold water for 10 min. (see tip).
- Frying tofu – on a medium heat pan or saucepan, add vegetable cooking oil and then tofu. Fry one side until golden crisps then turn over. Once all sides turn golden and crispy take them on onto the kitchen towel..
- Serve up – place crispy tofu on a serving plate, add sweet sticky tamarind sauce..
- Garnish with finely chopped peppers, spring onions and shichimi..