Vickys St Patricks Day Colcannon Soup, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can have Vickys St Patricks Day Colcannon Soup, GF DF EF SF NF using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vickys St Patricks Day Colcannon Soup, GF DF EF SF NF
- Prepare of sunflower spread / butter.
- It’s of sliced leeks.
- You need of chopped Savoy cabbage.
- It’s of (*2 cups) chopped kale.
- Prepare of Rooster, Maris Piper or russet potatoes, floury is best!.
- You need of (around 6 cups) chicken stock – I used 3 Knorr cubes.
- Prepare of bay leaves.
- Prepare of low sodium salt.
- It’s of pepper.
- It’s of coconut or heavy cream.
- Prepare of spring onions / scallions, finely sliced.
Vickys St Patricks Day Colcannon Soup, GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- I'm not sure that the grams to cups converters are accurate because the amount of kale I used looks to me like a lot more than 2 cups… The bag I bought was around the same dimensions as the bowl in my sink which held 150g altogether. I looked at 6 different converters and each stated that 1 cup of moderately packed kale weighs 67 grams. I'm not convinced lol. Anyway….
- Melt the sunflower spread in a soup pan then add in the leeks, cabbage and kale and coat well.
- Cook covered over a low heat for around 15 minutes until wilted, stirring a few times.
- While the greens are wilting, peel the potatoes and dice into 1cm squares.
- Add the potatoes to the pan with the chicken stock, bay leaves & salt. Bring up to a simmer.
- Let simmer for 20 minutes until the potatoes are soft and falling apart.
- Take off the heat, stir in the pepper, cream and spring onions and adjust the salt if you need more. Serve with a nice crusty bread!.