Onion Garlic Chutney.
You can have Onion Garlic Chutney using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Onion Garlic Chutney
- It’s 15 Cloves of Garlic.
- It’s 5 of Pearl Onions (Shallots).
- You need 8 of Red Bedgi Chillies + 3 Kashmiri Chillies.
- You need as needed of Tamarind (Size of a Berry).
- It’s To taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Gingely Oil/Sesame Oil.
- It’s of For Tempering:.
- You need 1 tbsp of Gingely Oil/Sesame Oil.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Mustard Seeds.
- Prepare 1 Sprig of Curry Leaves.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Asafoetida/Hing (Pinch).
Onion Garlic Chutney step by step
- Peel and wash the onions and garlic cloves and keep aside..
- In a small kadai, heat oil and saute onion, garlic and red chillies on medium flame till onion and garlic becomes golden brown..
- Add salt and tamarind and switch off the flame. Allow it to cool down..
- Grind to a smooth paste adding required water. Keep aside..
- For Tempering: Heat oil in a small tadka pan. Add mustard seeds and allow it to crackle. Add asafoetida and curry leaves and pour over the ground chutney..
- Mix well. Serve with idli, dosa, chapati..
- This chutney stays good for a week if stored in refrigerator..
- To make spicy chutney, you may increase the number of red chillies..
- Tamarind helps to balance the pungent taste of garlic. Do not use more tamarind otherwise chutney will taste tangy..
Welcome to the official American Food Website, where you can chat with chefs, get recipes and connect with food-minded friends.