"Irish" stew (vegan).
You can have "Irish" stew (vegan) using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of "Irish" stew (vegan)
- Prepare 3 of medium potatoes.
- It’s 4 of medium carrots.
- Prepare 1 of large onion.
- Prepare 1 can of lentils.
- It’s 250 ml of veg stock.
- It’s 3 tbsp of tomato puree.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves (or 1 tsp minced garlic).
- It’s 2 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 2 tsp of ground coriander.
- Prepare 500 ml of stout.
- It’s of salt and pepper to taste.
"Irish" stew (vegan) step by step
- Preheat the oven to 180C..
- Chop the veg into chunks (about 2cm cubed)..
- Make up the stock and add the garlic (chopped), tomato puree and spices.
- Add the vegetables, lentils, stock mixture and stout to a large casserole dish with a lid. (If you don't have a lidded pot, add an extra 250ml of water.).
- Cook in the oven for about 2 hours..
Welcome to the official American Food Website, where you can chat with chefs, get recipes and connect with food-minded friends.