Butternut squash and spinach curry.
You can cook Butternut squash and spinach curry using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Butternut squash and spinach curry
- You need of butternut squash.
- It’s of Spinach leaves.
- You need of onion.
- Prepare of gloves garlic.
- Prepare of coconut milk.
- It’s of chicken, prawn or tofu.
- It’s of Crushed nuts (cashew or almonds) for topping.
- It’s of Spices (alternatively you can just use some Thai red or yellow curry paste).
- Prepare of turmeric.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare of chilli peppers.
- Prepare of ginger.
- Prepare of bay leaves.
- Prepare of Fresh coriander.
- It’s of ground cumin.
Butternut squash and spinach curry instructions
- Cut the butternut in two halves over the length and put it in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes on 200 Celsius. I find roasting the butternut squash just adds a bit of flavour and it makes the peeling of the skin a whole lot easier. Remove it from the oven, let it cool down a bit. Peel and cube the squash.
- Prepare some rice to serve while waiting for the squash.
- Chop op the onions, garlic and chillies. Grab a big wok and add this to it with the ginger. I’d also use some prawn paste, but that’s not for everyone. I’m.
- Once caramelised add the butternut squash and your choice of meat or other. Spice it up with the coriander, cumin, salt and turmeric.
- Once the meat is fried and the squash is nice and soft add the spinach and coconut milk with the bay leaves. Bring to boil and leave it simmer for 10 minutes.
- After this you’re ready to serve. Add some crushed nuts on top for extra flavour. Perhaps grab yourself a glass of milk if it is too spicy in the end 🙂 Enjoy!!.