Mayak Eggs (Korean Marinated soft boiled eggs).
You can have Mayak Eggs (Korean Marinated soft boiled eggs) using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mayak Eggs (Korean Marinated soft boiled eggs)
- You need of for boiling the eggs.
- Prepare 6 of medium large size eggs (room temperature).
- You need of Enough water to cover the eggs completely.
- You need 2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of vinegar.
- Prepare of sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of light soya sauce.
- It’s 1/2 cup of light corn syrup/honey/sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s of Few bunches of spring onion, finely chopped.
- You need 2 of chilli padi, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of big green chilli, finely chopped.
- It’s 2 of big red chilli, finely chopped.
- It’s 1 tbsp of white sesame seeds.
Mayak Eggs (Korean Marinated soft boiled eggs) step by step
- Bring enough water to cover 6 eggs in a pot. Add salt and vinegar and bring it to boil and carefully add the eggs. Cook the eggs 6-7 minutes for runny yolk.
- Once the cooking time is up, transfer the eggs to cold water to stop the eggs from cooking.
- Meanwhile, prepare all ingredients. Combine soya sauce, water, corn syrup, minced garlic, chopped chilli, spring onions, sesame seeds. Adjust the chilli accordingly to suit your taste.
- Peel the eggs carefully and soak the eggs in the sauce at least 6 hours or overnight before serve. Stay good in the fridge for 5-7 days.
- Enjoy with a bowl of warm rice and a bit drizzle of sesame oil! (This photo is taken from internet).
- You can use it for your ramen/noodle topping too!.