You can have Strawberry pavlova using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Strawberry pavlova
- Prepare of For the meringue:.
- You need 3 of egg whites.
- It’s 150 g of white sugar (caster or granulated).
- It’s 1 teaspoon of cornflour (add another teaspoon if you prefer it more chewy).
- It’s 1 teaspoon of white wine vinegar.
- Prepare 300 ml of double cream or whipping cream, whipped.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of icing sugar or white sugar.
- It’s 50 g of fresh strawberries cut into half.
- Prepare 150 g of strawberries for purée.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of icing sugar or white sugar.
Strawberry pavlova step by step
- Preheat the oven to 140 degrees. On a baking sheet (parchment paper) draw a 20cm circle with a pencil using a bowl or plate of that size. Turn over the baking sheet and place on a large flat baking tray..
- Separate the egg whites and yolks and place whites into a large mixing bowl. On high speed with an electric whisk or hand whisk, beat the egg whites. Whisk until egg whites becomes foamy..
- Once egg whites are foamy add a teaspoon of the sugar at a time until you run out and keep whisking on high speed..
- Whisk until the mixture becomes stiff. Check the consistency by getting a spatula and scooping a tiny amount out. Or hold the bowl above your head. If it doesn't fall on you its ready..
- Using a silcicone spatula place the mixture into the middle of the circle and spread it towards the edges. Create some peaks to give it height and make a crater by making the sides a little higher than the middle..
- Turn the oven heat down to 130 degrees. Place the pavola into the oven and bake for 1 hour. Then turn off the heat, place a wooden spatula or spoon between oven door to create a small gap. Allow pavlova to fully cool completely inside the oven. Do not be tempted to take it out..
- In the meantime as pavola cools, chop the strawberries and place in a food processor with the sugar. Blend and puree until smooth..
- In a mixing bowl add the cream with the sugar and mix until whipped using an electric whisk or by hand. Do not over mix..
- Remove the cooled down pavola from the oven. Transfer and plate onto a large serving plate. Then spread the whip cream over the meringue. Place the cut the strawberries on top of the cream and drizzle the sauce over. Serve and drink with a coffee/cup of tea..