Creamy Garlic Mushrooms.
You can cook Creamy Garlic Mushrooms using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Creamy Garlic Mushrooms
- Prepare of Minlo button mushrooms (about 3 cups of sliced mushrooms).
- It’s of large red or white onion (chopped).
- It’s of large garlic cloves (minced).
- Prepare of Salt and black pepper.
- It’s of loosely packed plain flour.
- It’s of whole milk.
- It’s of fresh parsley (chopped or left whole).
- It’s of vegetable oil.
- Prepare of cheddar cheese (shredded).
Creamy Garlic Mushrooms step by step
- Sauteé the mushrooms in heated oil in a shallow saucepan until they shrink to half the original size. Do not heat the oil until smoking hot as it'll affect their taste, only heat it enough to caramelize them without boiling them down as they will turn mushy.
- Add onions and garlic, stir until fragrant then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the flour to the sauteed mushrooms in two additions, making sure you keep stirring so it does not stick. Now add the milk in two additions, stirring against the pan. Let cook/boil for 10minutes to cook the flour and thicken the sauce. Stir occasionally until you love the consistency of your sauce.
- Add half the parsley and the cheese then allow the mixture to steam on very low heat before stirring to fully melt and incorporate the cheese.
- Serve over pasta or as a main. Enjoy!.