Homemade Fish Tacos.
You can have Homemade Fish Tacos using 34 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Homemade Fish Tacos
- Prepare of Rub/Seasoning (Tajin style Copycat).
- It’s 1 tbsp of paprika.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground coriander.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of chilli or cayenne pepper.
- It’s 1/8 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 2-3 tsp of lime juice.
- You need of Fish.
- It’s 3 of large or 4 smaller cod pieces.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cumin.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1-2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need of Sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Greek fat yogurt.
- It’s 3 tbsp of light or fat-free mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of lime juice.
- It’s 1-2 tbsp of water, to thin the sauce out.
- You need 3/4 tsp of chilli and lime salt or seasoning mix.
- You need of Salt to taste.
- Prepare of Slaw.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped coriander.
- You need 1 cup (70 g) of white cabbage, sliced.
- It’s 1 cup (70 g) of red cabbage, sliced.
- You need 1/4 cup of (1 small) carrot.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of lime juice.
- Prepare of Salt to taste.
- You need of To assemble.
- It’s 8 of tortillas, I used wholemeal.
- It’s of Lime wedges (optional).
- You need of Pickles.
Homemade Fish Tacos instructions
- For the rub, the recipe originally calls for a chilli and lime seasoning so any similar shop brought seasonings will do. To make it you basically mix it all together into a paste and set aside till needed..
- For the fish cut into smaller pieces if the fillets are big. season using the rub and add the rest of the ingredients. I chose to keep the skin on but that's optional I also like to marinade it and keep it in the fridge for a few hours beforehand but it can be marinated just before frying..
- For the sauce mix all the ingredients together in a small bowl, cover and place in fridge till needed. I used a type of salt mix and added extra chilli powder to the sauce. Set.
- For the slaw mix all the ingredients together in a bowl, cover and keep in fridge until needed..
- Preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes beforehand to 200c..
- Air-fry the fish 6-10 minutes, turning once. Alternatively pan fried it for 5-6 minutes on each side..
- Char the tortillas over an open flame or in a dry pan for 30 seconds to a minute on each side. Keep them warm while the rest are charring..
- Assemble the tacos by placing slaw at the bottom then top with fish and drizzle with the sauce..
Welcome to the official American Food Website, where you can chat with chefs, get recipes and connect with food-minded friends.