You can cook ‘Kushikatsu’ Skewers using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of ‘Kushikatsu’ Skewers
- It’s of Beef, Lamb OR Pork *cut into 2-3cm pieces.
- It’s of Salt & Pepper.
- Prepare of Additional Vegetable *e.g. Capsicum, seasonal sweet Onion, Okra, thick Spring Onion, Mushrooms, etc.
- It’s of Note: Cooking time is short. I recommend to use Vegetables that can be cooked very quickly OR can be eaten undercooked.
- Prepare of Breadcrumbs *fine type recommended.
- It’s of Oil for frying.
- Prepare of ‘Tonkatsu’ Sauce OR Sauce of your choice.
- Prepare of Batter.
- You need of Plain Flour.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare of Egg.
- Prepare of Water.
- You need of Milk.
‘Kushikatsu’ Skewers instructions
- Cut Meat and Vegetables into similar bite-size pieces. Thread them onto skewers. Lightly season with Salt & Pepper..
- To make batter, mix all ingredients until smooth..
- Heat Oil to 170 to 180℃. Dip a skewer in the batter (OR cover with the batter using a spoon), and drain excess batter. Then coat with Breadcrumbs. Fry until cooked through and golden, and place on a rack and drain the oil. I recommend to cook only a few skewers at a time..
- Enjoy with ‘Tonkatsu’ Sauce OR your favourite sauces. Find my 'Tonkatsu' Sauce recipe at https://cookpad.com/uk/recipes/10884601-tonkatsu-sauce.
- *Note: You can make Vegetable only skewers or Seafood skewers, and cook them in the same way..
Welcome to the official American Food Website, where you can chat with chefs, get recipes and connect with food-minded friends.