You can cook ‘Kushikatsu’ Skewers using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of ‘Kushikatsu’ Skewers
- It’s of Beef, Lamb OR Pork *cut into 2-3cm pieces.
- It’s of Salt & Pepper.
- Prepare of Additional Vegetable *e.g. Capsicum, seasonal sweet Onion, Okra, thick Spring Onion, Mushrooms, etc.
- It’s of Note: Cooking time is short. I recommend to use Vegetables that can be cooked very quickly OR can be eaten undercooked.
- Prepare of Breadcrumbs *fine type recommended.
- It’s of Oil for frying.
- Prepare of ‘Tonkatsu’ Sauce OR Sauce of your choice.
- Prepare of Batter.
- You need of Plain Flour.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare of Egg.
- Prepare of Water.
- You need of Milk.
‘Kushikatsu’ Skewers instructions
- Cut Meat and Vegetables into similar bite-size pieces. Thread them onto skewers. Lightly season with Salt & Pepper..
- To make batter, mix all ingredients until smooth..
- Heat Oil to 170 to 180℃. Dip a skewer in the batter (OR cover with the batter using a spoon), and drain excess batter. Then coat with Breadcrumbs. Fry until cooked through and golden, and place on a rack and drain the oil. I recommend to cook only a few skewers at a time..
- Enjoy with ‘Tonkatsu’ Sauce OR your favourite sauces. Find my 'Tonkatsu' Sauce recipe at https://cookpad.com/uk/recipes/10884601-tonkatsu-sauce.
- *Note: You can make Vegetable only skewers or Seafood skewers, and cook them in the same way..