You can cook Mushroom Lasagne using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mushroom Lasagne
- It’s of mushrooms (I used chestnut, portobello and white).
- You need of brown onions.
- It’s of garlic (yes, really!).
- It’s of olive oil.
- It’s of oregano.
- Prepare of salt.
- It’s of ground black pepper.
- You need of mascapone.
- You need of milk.
- You need of large handful grated cheese.
- You need of small handful grated Parmesan.
- It’s of Basil (optional garnish).
Mushroom Lasagne instructions
- Remove the mushroom stalks. Peel the mushrooms (if they are clean you can just rub them gently).
- Dice the onions. Add the olive oil to a large sauce pan along with the crushed garlic. Heat on a medium heat until the garlic starts to turn golden. Add the onions and cook for 2-3mins until they soften..
- Meanwhile, slice the mushrooms..
- Once the onions have softened, add the sliced mushrooms to the pan. Cook until the mushrooms release water and reduce in size (approx 5-7 mins). Add the oregano, salt and 1.5 tspn pepper..
- Continue to cook until the mushrooms are completely reduced in size and the water is starting to evaporate (approx 5 more mins). To the water add two table spoons of the mascarpone. This will make the sauce creamy!.
- Take the mushrooms off the heat and start to layer in a baking dish, starting with the mushrooms then the lasagne sheets. Build it up so you have three layers of each..
- Add the rest of the mascapone back into the same now empty pan. Add the milk and 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper. On a low heat, heat until a sauce has formed..
- Add the mascapone sauce to the top lasagne layer, pushing it right to the edges. Top with the grated cheese and Parmesan..
- Cook in the oven at 180c for 30-40 mins, until the cheese is golden brown. Enjoy!.