My take on ratatouille.
You can have My take on ratatouille using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of My take on ratatouille
- You need 1 of large courgette chopped into small cubes.
- It’s 1 of large aubergine chopped into small cubes.
- Prepare 5 sprigs of thyme.
- You need Half of a red onion very finely chopped.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic crushed.
- Prepare of Any leftover tomatoes chopped (I used a handful of baby plums).
- Prepare 3 of fire roasted peppers from a jar, chopped.
- You need 1 tin of quality finely chopped tomatoes.
- It’s 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare of Small handful freshly torn basil leaves.
- You need 1 handful of breadcrumbs.
- It’s 1 handful of Parmesan cheese.
My take on ratatouille step by step
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees c and Add the chopped courgette and aubergine to a roasting try with the thyme, a pinch of salt and pepper and lightly coat in olive oil. Roast for 20 minutes, turning half way through to prevent sticking..
- Meanwhile make the tomato sauce by adding the finely chopped onion to a tbsp olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Cook until soft. Then add the garlic and cook for another minute before adding any fresh tomatoes and the chopped peppers. Cook for 3 mins.
- Add the tinned tomatoes to the pan and simmer for another 10 minutes. Don’t forget about the oven roasted veg which can be removed from the oven when soft. Returning to your sauce, add the balsamic vinegar and season to taste. Cook until the sharpness of the vinegar has gone..
- Now assemble the ratatouille by transferring the roasted veg into a smaller roasting tin / dish, sprinkling over the torn basil leaves, adding the tomato mix on top and then sprinkling with breadcrumbs and finally Parmesan..
- Bake in the oven at 180 degrees c for about 20 – 25 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and the crumbs are crispy..