Spicy pineapple gammon with pineapple sauce.
You can have Spicy pineapple gammon with pineapple sauce using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spicy pineapple gammon with pineapple sauce
- It’s of Gammon.
- You need of Tinned pineapple piece (for decoration).
- You need of Pineapple glaze for basting.
- Prepare 2 of small chillies.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of brown sugar.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 3 cm of Ginger grated.
- Prepare 150 ml of ketchup.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of red wine vinegar.
- It’s 300 ml of pineapple juice.
- You need of Pineapple sauce for serving.
- Prepare 1 cup of Pineapple juice.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- You need 2 tablespoon of corn starch.
- It’s 3 tablespoon of brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar.
- You need 1 tablespoon of butter.
Spicy pineapple gammon with pineapple sauce step by step
- Start off by cooking the gammon. Use a large pot with the gammon inside and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil scraping off all the bits of fat that emerge to the top. Turn down the heat and cook for 2 hours checking every now and then to ensure that the meat is covered..
- Leave the gammon to cool in the water for about 30 min and remove. You can use the water as stock apparently but I honestly find it a bit gross..
- Turn on the oven on 200 and cook the gammon as is for 10-15 min. In the meantime prepare the Basting sauce..
- In a small pot add all the ingredients and cook for 20 min until it gets thicker and syrupy. Baste the gammon and put it back in the oven. Baste the meat every 10 min for 40 min. I add the pineapple on top securing it with toothpicks (you can also use cloves if you prefer) at the last 15 min..
- Whilst the ham cooks prepare the pineapple sauce to serve on the side. Mi the corn flour and the sugar together, add the juice and the water and mix well. Put the pot on medium heat and cook until it gets thicker approx 10 min. At the end add the apple cider vinegar and butter and mix well..
- When the gammon is ready serve remove from the oven and leave it to rest for 10 min. Carve and serve hot with the pineapple sauce on the side.