Taiwan style Braised Pork with Rice 台式滷肉飯.
You can cook Taiwan style Braised Pork with Rice 台式滷肉飯 using 13 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Taiwan style Braised Pork with Rice 台式滷肉飯
- Prepare 1.5 pound of Pork belly.
- Prepare 2 of eggs; boiled.
- Prepare 1 cube of Hard tofu; thickly sliced.
- It’s 1 of Chinese spice pouch.
- It’s of Light soy sauce.
- You need of Xiaoxin rice wine.
- Prepare of Black vinegar.
- Prepare of Rock sugar.
- Prepare 10 cloves of Garlic; minced.
- Prepare 5 of Shallots; thinly sliced; deep fried.
- Prepare of White pepper.
- You need of Ginger.
- Prepare of Spring onion.
Taiwan style Braised Pork with Rice 台式滷肉飯 instructions
- Boil pork belly with ginger and spring onion for 15 minutes.
- Immerse pork belly into iced water for 5 minutes.
- Slice pork belly into finger-like pieces.
- Stir-fry pork belly in a pot until golden in colour.
- At the same time, prepare caramel syrup by boiling sugar and a small amount of water using another pot.
- Add caramel syrup, 3 TABLEspoon light soy sauce, 0.5 TABLEspoon Xiaoxin rice wine and 1 teaspoon white pepper into pork belly, and mix well.
- Add 0.5 TABLEspoon vinegar, 1 spice pouch and 3 thumb-sized rock sugar, and mix well.
- Add water until it covers the ingredients and mix well.
- Boil the ingredients, taste and season.
- Cook them with low heat for 1.5 hours.
- Cook rice.
- Prepare boiled eggs and fried hard tofu; add them to the pot one hour before completion.
- Take all ingredients out of the pot and boil the sauce until thicken.
- Put the ingredients back and mix well.
Welcome to the official American Food Website, where you can chat with chefs, get recipes and connect with food-minded friends.