Macaroni schotel – my sister’s recipe.
You can have Macaroni schotel – my sister’s recipe using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Macaroni schotel – my sister’s recipe
- You need of (full) dried pasta.
- Prepare of onion slices.
- Prepare of garlics mince.
- It’s of pepper slices/cubes.
- You need of carrots shredded (optional).
- Prepare of tuna in sunflower oil or brine (I used 150 gr corned beef this time) – cubes / minced.
- Prepare of slices mushrooms- not gonna use next time, it makes the colour dark.
- Prepare of semi skimmed.
- You need of double cream.
- It’s of nutmeg.
- Prepare of white pepper.
- Prepare of sugar.
- It’s of chilli powder (optional).
- It’s of Salt.
- It’s of butter.
- You need of medium eggs.
- It’s of cheese grated (any: I used cheddar mix with mozarella).
Macaroni schotel – my sister’s recipe step by step
- First: put aside some of the peppers, mushroom, onion and cheese for garnish in the end..
- Soak the pasta in warm salted water for 45 minutes..
- Get the oven ready on 180c, I used pyrex and smear it with butter all over the surface.
- Heat wok and add butter. Put the garlic and chilies stir till fragrant. Add pepper, mushroom and tuna/corned beef.
- Then add onions,carrots. Turn the heat low. In a jug, crack the eggs, and stirred well. Add with milk and cream, and add this to the wok in low heat. Mixed well..
- This where we put salt, nutmeg, sugar and white pepper. Taste it. Last, add the macaroni. Turn the heat to low. Add the cheese. Mix well..
- In pyrex that we prepared. Transfer the mixture. Then mushroom, pepper and onion that we set aside. Add cheese..
- Put in the middle for about 45-50 minutes, till it turn brown. If the below still wet, cover with foil and continue cooking..
Welcome to the official American Food Website, where you can chat with chefs, get recipes and connect with food-minded friends.