Macaroni schotel – my sister’s recipe.
You can have Macaroni schotel – my sister’s recipe using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Macaroni schotel – my sister’s recipe
- You need of (full) dried pasta.
- Prepare of onion slices.
- Prepare of garlics mince.
- It’s of pepper slices/cubes.
- You need of carrots shredded (optional).
- Prepare of tuna in sunflower oil or brine (I used 150 gr corned beef this time) – cubes / minced.
- Prepare of slices mushrooms- not gonna use next time, it makes the colour dark.
- Prepare of semi skimmed.
- You need of double cream.
- It’s of nutmeg.
- Prepare of white pepper.
- Prepare of sugar.
- It’s of chilli powder (optional).
- It’s of Salt.
- It’s of butter.
- You need of medium eggs.
- It’s of cheese grated (any: I used cheddar mix with mozarella).
Macaroni schotel – my sister’s recipe step by step
- First: put aside some of the peppers, mushroom, onion and cheese for garnish in the end..
- Soak the pasta in warm salted water for 45 minutes..
- Get the oven ready on 180c, I used pyrex and smear it with butter all over the surface.
- Heat wok and add butter. Put the garlic and chilies stir till fragrant. Add pepper, mushroom and tuna/corned beef.
- Then add onions,carrots. Turn the heat low. In a jug, crack the eggs, and stirred well. Add with milk and cream, and add this to the wok in low heat. Mixed well..
- This where we put salt, nutmeg, sugar and white pepper. Taste it. Last, add the macaroni. Turn the heat to low. Add the cheese. Mix well..
- In pyrex that we prepared. Transfer the mixture. Then mushroom, pepper and onion that we set aside. Add cheese..
- Put in the middle for about 45-50 minutes, till it turn brown. If the below still wet, cover with foil and continue cooking..