Spring Onion Soup.
You can have Spring Onion Soup using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spring Onion Soup
- You need 1/4 cup of butter.
- You need 1 TBS of olive oil.
- You need 1 of medium vidalia onion sliced thin (1 cup).
- You need 1 of Leek, sliced thin (1/2 cup).
- You need 1 bunch of green onions, sliced thin (1/2 cup).
- Prepare 2 cups of peas (fresh or frozen).
- Prepare 4 cups of chicken broth.
- It’s 4 cups of water.
- You need 2 cup of small pasta (dry).
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 of lemon, juiced (3 TBS).
- Prepare 1 cup of torn Basil leaves.
- Prepare 8 slices of sourdough bread.
- It’s 3 oz of Fontina cheese, shredded.
Spring Onion Soup step by step
- Preheat broiler. In a 4-quart Dutch oven heat butter and olive oil over medium-low heat until butter is melted. Add Vidalia onion slices; stir until coated. Cover; cook 15 minutes until translucent and soft, stirring occasionally..
- Stir in leek and green onions. Cook, covered, 10 minutes more or until leeks are softened..
- Stir in peas. Add chicken broth, water, pasta, and salt. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered 5 minutes. Stir in lemon juice and basil leaves..
- Top slices of sourdough bread with fontina cheese. Arrange on a baking sheet. Broil 3 to 4 inches from the heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top soup with bread slices. Serve with Lemon Sour Cream Topper..
Welcome to the official American Food Website, where you can chat with chefs, get recipes and connect with food-minded friends.