Marinated Fried Eggplant ‘Nambanzuke’.
You can have Marinated Fried Eggplant ‘Nambanzuke’ using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Marinated Fried Eggplant ‘Nambanzuke’
- It’s 500-600 g of Eggplants.
- Prepare of Oil for frying.
- You need 1/2-1 of Onion *thinly sliced.
- It’s 1 of small Carrot *sliced into fine strips.
- You need 1 clove of Garlic *finely chopped.
- It’s 1 of Chilli *thinly sliced, can be replaced with dried Chilli Flakes.
- It’s of Marinade.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Rice Vinegar.
- You need 1/4 cup of Soy Sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Water.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of Sugar.
- You need 2 tablespoons of Mirin *can be replaced with 1 tablespoon Sugar.
Marinated Fried Eggplant ‘Nambanzuke’ instructions
- Place all the marinade ingredients in a baking dish or similar, and mix well. *Note: As Mirin is alcoholic, you can replace it with Sugar. In that case, you use 3 tablespoons Sugar in total..
- Add Onion, Carrot, Garlic and Chilli, and combine..
- Cut off the green bit of Eggplants and cut in half or quarters lengthways, then make many shallow cuts on the skin. Then cut into chunky 5 to 6cm pieces..
- Deep-frying is the preferred method, but you can cook them in a frying pan with a generous amount Oil. Cook the skin side first. When soft, add to the marinade & vegetable mixture in the bowl, skin side down..
- Repeat with the remaining Eggplant pieces..
- Turn the Eggplant pieces over, skin side up, combine evenly, and set aside in the fridge for 1 hour..
- *Note: You can do the marinating process using a serving bowl, so that you can serve the dish straight away. Otherwise, arrange the mixture on a serving plate or bowl..