French onion and Swiss burgers. Mix soup mix with burger and shape into patties. Cook in skillet or on George foreman. These French Onion Burgers are a dreamy mess of everything you want in the perfect pan seared patty with piles of onions, zesty mustard, and One never looks back from a burger with anything other than a smile, unless it was a crappy burger, at which point you probably shouldn't have shoved.
Melt some cheese on top (we like American but Swiss is great, too!). Place baby swiss on each burger and move to low-heat until ready to plate. In small iron skillet on grill, melt butter and add garlic on medium heat until melted Saute mushrooms a minute or so, then add French Onion soup and Gewurzstraminer. You can cook French onion and Swiss burgers using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of French onion and Swiss burgers
- You need 1 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 1 packet of French onion soup mix.
- Prepare 1 of small package baby portebella mushrooms sliced.
- Prepare 5 of Swiss cheese slices.
- Prepare 10 slices of bread or buns.
Cook until mushrooms are tender and remove from heat. May is National Hamburger Month and Foodie I chose a French Onion Burger for my contribution to the burger party. All beef patty, caramelized onions cooked in wine and melted Swiss cheese. This is the cheesiest French onion soup burger with caramelized onions, gruyere and comte and incredibly delicious.
French onion and Swiss burgers step by step
- Mix soup mix with burger and shape into patties. Cook in skillet or on George foreman.
- Sauté mushrooms in lightly oiled skillet with pepper and onion prefer until tender.
- Top burger with Swiss cheese and mushrooms and serve on buns or toasted bread slices.
- I toasted mine on the George foreman just to get the lines on it.
Be sure to splash the grass fed burger patty with Worcestershire sauce, to create an awesome umami flavor and brings out the meatiness of the beef. You may be reading those ingredients and wondering how Swiss cheese snuck into a French burger. Don't worry though; the Swiss cheese is a perfect complement to the homemade French Onion dip and grilled onions on this very worldly burger. I'd say that sauteed mushrooms and onions are one of the best toppings for a burger in the world. And, the "old-standbys" become that way for good reason – because they're awesome.