Asian Mushrooms & Garlic Mazegohan.
You can have Asian Mushrooms & Garlic Mazegohan using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Asian Mushrooms & Garlic Mazegohan
- It’s of (*180ml Cup) Japanese Short Grain Rice.
- You need of Chicken Stock *OR Stock of your choice.
- It’s of Salt *add more or less according to the saltiness of the stock.
- It’s of Oil OR Butter.
- You need of Garlic *finely chopped.
- Prepare of Asian Mushrooms *Today I used Shiitake, Shimeji and King Oyster.
- Prepare of Sake (Rice Wine).
- You need of Salt & Pepper.
- You need of Soy Sauce.
- You need of Spring Onion OR Parsley *finely chopped.
Asian Mushrooms & Garlic Mazegohan step by step
- Wash Rice by stirring it thoroughly in water with your hand and drain the water. Repeat this a few more times until water flows through clear..
- Drain the Rice and place it into the rice cooker’s inner pot. Add Chicken Stock (OR Stock of your choice) and Salt, and press ‘COOK’ button to start cooking..
- While the Rice is cooking, prepare Mushrooms. Clean them, and cut into bite-size pieces. If you use Shimeji, cut off the bottom and tear into smaller pieces..
- When the rice is cooked, heat Oil (OR Butter) and Garlic in a large frying pan over low heat. When aromatic, raise the heat to medium high, and cook Mushrooms. *Note: Some Mushrooms can be cooked very quickly. Please cook them accordingly..
- When almost cooked, add Sake (Rice wine) that will help steam-cook the Mushrooms and add extra Umami. Season with Salt & Pepper, add Soy Sauce, and remove from the heat. Then add to the cooked Rice and mix to combine..
- Sprinkle with chopped Spring Onion (OR Parsley) and serve..