Vegan Coffee Cupcakes.
You can cook Vegan Coffee Cupcakes using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegan Coffee Cupcakes
- Prepare 2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 1 of flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax seed + 3 tbsp hot water).
- Prepare 3 tbsp of instant coffee.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of hot water.
- You need 1 cup of soy milk (or other non-dairy milk).
- You need 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of white vinegar.
- It’s of For the coffee buttercream:.
- You need 3 cup of icing sugar.
- It’s 1/3 cup (75 g) of vegan butter.
- You need 1 tbsp of instant coffee.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of non-dairy milk.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
Vegan Coffee Cupcakes instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and line a cupcake tray with cupcake liners..
- Sift the flour into a mixing bowl and add the brown sugar, baking soda, salt and cinnamon and mix in..
- Mix the instant coffee with the 2 Tbsp of Hot Water into a thick paste and then mix into the soy milk (or other non-dairy milk). Add to the mixing bowl along with the vanilla, oil and vinegar..
- Prepare the flax egg by mixing 1 Tbsp of flaxseed meal with 3 Tbsp of Hot Water and allowing to sit for a minute to become gloopy and then add it in..
- Whisk the batter with a hand whisk briefly just to remove lumps. Divide the batter between the 12 cupcake liners and place into the oven to bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of one of the cupcakes comes out clean..
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before moving the cupcakes to a wire cooling rack to cool completely..
- Prepare your frosting by adding the powdered sugar and vegan butter to the bowl of an electric mixer. Mix the instant coffee with 1 Tbsp of soy milk and the vanilla until no lumps remain. Add this in. Starting at slow speed gradually increase speed until the frosting is thick and smooth..
- Add the remaining Tbsp of soy milk if needed. If your frosting is too thin add in more powdered sugar, if it is too thick, add in a little more soy milk a drop at a time until it reaches the right consistency. It should be very thick for best results..
- Frost the cupcakes and decorate with a little cinnamon..
Welcome to the official American Food Website, where you can chat with chefs, get recipes and connect with food-minded friends.