Pickled red onions with jalapenos. This is a quick and easy recipe for pickled Red Onion & Jalapeños. These go well with so many things from sandwiches to salads. Quick Pickled Red Onions + Jalapeños are an easy way to liven up any sandwich, roast or casserole.
Great recipe for Pickled red onions with jalapenos. Great on tacos, hamburgers, steaks, sandwiches, or even an omelet! Just a great diverse Bring all wet ingredients to a boil, turn of heat let sit. You can cook Pickled red onions with jalapenos using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pickled red onions with jalapenos
- You need of Dry ingredients.
- You need 2 of red onions.
- It’s 3 of jalapenos.
- It’s 2 cups of sugar.
- Prepare 3 pinches of pepper.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of dry dill.
- Prepare of Wet Ingredients.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of red wine vinegar.
- It’s 1 cup of white wine vinegar.
- You need 4 cups of water.
- Prepare of Garnish ingredients.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic (cracked).
- Prepare 2 pinches of cilantro.
- You need Pinch of red pepper flakes.
Julienne red onions, add to pickling container, slice jalapenos add to container, add garnish ingredients raw. Pickled red onions are a great condiment for anything from a taco to a sandwich. I love having them in the fridge to add a bit of zip to any meal. This is a quick refrigerator pickle, so not shelf stable or a fermented pickle.
Pickled red onions with jalapenos step by step
- Bring all wet ingredients to a boil, turn of heat let sit..
- Julienne red onions, add to pickling container, slice jalapenos add to container, add garnish ingredients raw..
- Add vinegar mixture to pickling container, cool overnight. Let sit 2 days and enjoy, or up to two months in fridge..
They will keep for quite a while in the fridge and just get better with time. Want to jazz up your next salad or bowl? Apparently, I need to start branching out in my pickling. Recipe source: slightly adapted from Kitchen Confidence by Kelsey Nixon. Jalapenos have a balanced combination of flavor and heat.