Vegetable Brown Poha – Healthy Breakfast. Mixed Vegetable Poha recipe :It is vegetable recipe & healthy indian breakfast. Click here for recipe card with step by step directions. Poha is a light breakfast or snack dish famous across India, Nepal, and Bangladesh.
If you like my recipes please do. Nutritionists recommend poha as one of the healthiest Indian breakfasts. Medically reviewed by Katherine Marengo Layer the vegetables, sausage, and cheese in the slow cooker; top with a mix of eggs and cream. You can cook Vegetable Brown Poha – Healthy Breakfast using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegetable Brown Poha – Healthy Breakfast
- It’s of Brown Poha.
- You need of Finely chopped Vegetables.
- Prepare of (Carrot, beetroot, beans, capsicum).
- You need of Peas.
- Prepare of Finely chopped onion.
- It’s of Finely chopped green chilli.
- You need of Mustard seeds.
- Prepare of Curry leaves.
- It’s of Turmeric powder.
- It’s of Pav bhaji masala.
- It’s of Oil.
- It’s of Juice of one lemon.
- Prepare of Salt.
Devesh shared two recipes: one for a typical western India breakfast item of "flattened rice," known as "Poha" and another for the authentic way to prepare Chai. Poha ingredients, clockwise from top left: cilantro, diced potato, curry leaves, asafoetida, green chili, lime, onion. We also get red poha or brown poha (made from red or brown rice). Poha recipe is a light breakfast dish.
Vegetable Brown Poha – Healthy Breakfast step by step
- Microwave finely chopped vegetables, peas with one cup of water in a microwave-safe bowl for 10 minutes on high power. After that drain it and keeps it aside. Put brown poha in a colander and wash twice. Leave poha in a colander to drain out completely. Heat oil in a nonstick pan. Add mustard seeds, curry leaves, onions and cook until onions are translucent..
- Now add turmeric, salt, pav bhaji masala, boiled vegetables, chopped green chilies. Cook for 5 minutes on high flame. Now lower the flame and add soaked brown poha. Mix it well and cook for another 3 minutes. Switch off the flame and add lemon juice..
- Mix them well and cover the lid. Keep aside for 5 minutes. Served hot Brown Poha with tea..
Basically pohe is made by mixing flattened rice in a mix of seasoned spices Kanda batata poha is one of the staple breakfast recipe from Maharashtra made with onions (kanda), potato. Poha also makes a tasty and healthy packed lunch for toddlers as well as office goers. A good source of carbs: Carbohydrates are the major source of energy in a bowl of poha. This makes it a perfect breakfast option. It can be eaten for snack too in the place of unhealthy options such as chips.