Onion podi uthappam. Super delicious uthappam recipe which has onions, curry leaves and idli podi on top. Uthappam is so easy to make. You can top with any of your favourite toppings.
Do not spread, it will spread by itself that 's enough. I have already shared few uthappam varieties like tomato onion uthappam , Kadai onion uthappam(my MIL's style) and Podi uthappam in my space. But this is the basic version of onion. You can have Onion podi uthappam using 4 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Onion podi uthappam
- It’s 2 cups of idli batter.
- It’s 1/4 cup of small onion(sliced).
- Prepare As needed of idli podi.
- You need As needed of gingelly oil.
Onion podi uthappam recipe one of the staple South Indian breakfast. Sharmis PassionsВидеоSmall onion podi uthappam recipe, Podi onion uthappam recipe. i love onion uthappam. if we add urad dal and channa dal, it tastes better. Loading. love this onion uthappam with some spicy hot chutney podi.yummy. Onion uthappam is a popular one and everybody likes it and every household has their own version.
Onion podi uthappam step by step
- Take idli batter, do no add water the batter should be thick.Heat dosa tawa.Take 2 laddle fulls of batter and add it to the dosa tawa. Do not spread, it will spread by itself that's enough.Add chopped small onion on top..
- Sprinkle idli podi.Covered for 2 mins in low medium flame.Drizzle oil..
- Now carefully flip over and cook for a minute.Flip over and serve hot..
- Serve hot with chutney of your choice..
- RECIPE NOTES I used homemade idli podi. If you want you can add chopped curry leaves too. Use small onions for flavour.I used gingelly oil..
The exact recipe for the podi/powder was not given but I tried my own version and used it. Onion Podi Uthappam is an easy and delicious south indian breakfast. It is made using gun powder and chopped onion. It can be served with coconut chutney. Onion Uthappam, Tomato Uthappam, Shallots Uthappam, Carrot Uthappam, Coriander Uthappam and Podi Uthappam.