Wagyu Beef Sliders with Onion and Pear Chutney and Brie Cheese.
You can have Wagyu Beef Sliders with Onion and Pear Chutney and Brie Cheese using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Wagyu Beef Sliders with Onion and Pear Chutney and Brie Cheese
- You need 1 PACKAGE of Double 8 Cattle Company Fullblood Wagyu Beef Slider Patties.
- Prepare 8 of Small Ciabatta or French Dinner Rolls (cut in half).
- It’s of Olive Oil (for brushing the rolls).
- You need of Kosher Salt & Freshly Ground Black Pepper (to season).
- You need 4 OZ of Brie Cheese (rind cut off).
- It’s of Caramelized Onion and Pear Chutney.
- It’s 2 of Yellow Onions (julienned).
- Prepare 2 TBSP of Butter.
- Prepare 1/2 CUP of Dry Sherry.
- It’s 2 of Bartlett Pears (small diced into 1/4-inch-wide pieces).
- You need 3 SPRIG of Oregano (leaves removed from stems, leaves minced).
- Prepare 3 TBSP of Honey.
- You need 3 TBSP of Brown Sugar.
- You need 8 of Dried Apricots (minced).
- You need 6 TBSP of Apple Cider Vinegar.
- It’s 4 PIECE of Applewood Smoked Bacon (cooked and minced, reserve bacon fat).
Wagyu Beef Sliders with Onion and Pear Chutney and Brie Cheese instructions
- PREPARING THE CHUTNEY Pull the Fullblood Wagyu beef sliders from the refrigerator, and place them on a plate. Allow them to sit at room tempera-ture while you prepare the chutney. Cook the Applewood smoked bacon in a saute pan until it’s crisp. Remove the bacon, drain, and dice (you will use the bacon later). Reserve the bacon fat.Pour 3 tablespoons of the reserved bacon fat into a medium size stainless steel saucepan. Heat the pan on medium-high heat with 2 tablespoons of butter..
- Add in the julienned yellow onions, and saute the onions until the bottom of the pan starts to brown. Then, add in the dry sherry to deglaze. Using a wooden spoon, scrape the bottom of the pan to pull up the caramelized bits from the onions. Once the onions have caramelized for 15 minutes, or they are a nice deep golden color, add in the pears. Saute the pears for 3-4 minutes. Add in the minced oregano leaves, honey, sugar, apple cider vinegar, dried apricots, and the cooked and diced bacon..
- Stir until combined. Drop the temperature to medium-low heat. Cook, while stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes. Season to taste with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Note: This chutney can be made up to a week ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator.
- PREPARING THE FULLBLOOD WAGYU BEEF SLIDER PATTIES, BRIE CHEESE, AND ROLLS Remove the rind from the Brie cheese, and place the Brie in the freezer for 15 minutes. Heat your gas grill on high for 10 minutes. Using a pastry brush, apply olive oil on the cut sides of the ciabatta rolls. Sprinkle the roll with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Take the Brie cheese from the freezer, and cut it into 16 pieces..
- Once the grill is heated, place the Fullblood Wagyu beef slider patties on the grill.Cook the beef patties for 2 minutes per side. Place the rolls cut side down on the grill (towards the back) to toast. When the slider patties are almost done cooking, place the Brie cheese on top of the patties.Once the slider patties have finished cooking and the cheese has started to melt, remove them from the grill.Remove the toasted buns from the grill as well..
- FINAL STEPS Place the toasted/grilled ciabatta roll halves on a plate. Place one grilled Fullblood Wagyu slider patty with melted brie cheese on every other roll half (the other roll halves will be used as the top buns).Place 2 tablespoons of chutney on top of every beef slider patty. Finish the slider with the top half of the ciabatta roll. Serve hot, and enjoy!.