Healthy Hash Browns.
You can have Healthy Hash Browns using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Healthy Hash Browns
- It’s 4 of medium potatoes.
- It’s 1 of large onion.
- Prepare 1 of medium egg.
- It’s 1 tsp of onion salt.
- You need 1 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s of FryLight oil spray (butter).
Healthy Hash Browns instructions
- Grate the potatoes and onion and mix together in a bowl with clean hands..
- Grab large handfuls of the mix and squeeze between both cupped hands until all the liquid has been squeezed out. Transfer the squeezed mix to a new bowl. Keep doing this until all the potato and onion is dry. There are other methods but this is my favourite..
- Add the egg and mix in well with your hands and then add the salt and pepper and do the same. (See notes on salt and pepper below.).
- If you don't have onion salt you can use any other salt but it could taste salty. With this amount of onion salt it brings out the flavour but without tasting salty..
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper is approximately 200 twists of the pepper mill if you'd prefer not to measure it..
- Your mixture is now ready! Spray your largest pan (if you want to fit all four in) with FryLight oil, you can really taste the flavour so I use the butter flavour for these..
- Divide the mix up and cup in to balls then add to the pan and flatten once in situ. You can't really move them until the first side is cooked..
- Spray liberally with FryLight throughout so that they don't stick, turn once the first side is nicely browned. You should only have to turn them once, any more and they risk falling apart..
Welcome to the official American Food Website, where you can chat with chefs, get recipes and connect with food-minded friends.