French onion burgers (mushroom & Swiss or fully loaded bacon burgers). Mix ground beef with French onion soup mix and spices stated and cook. It's the perfect marriage of two comfort food favorites. Sear the burgers, then simmer to finish in condensed French onion soup.
Continental burgers are served with an onion-seasoned 'au jus' sauce for dipping. I found this on the soup can and my husband loves it! I always make sauteed onions and mushrooms (add a little of the soup to this for extra flavor) and I use ground turkey! You can cook French onion burgers (mushroom & Swiss or fully loaded bacon burgers) using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of French onion burgers (mushroom & Swiss or fully loaded bacon burgers)
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef or 1/2 lb of ground beef mixed with 1/2 lb of venison.
- It’s to taste of Salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 pack of French onion soup mix.
- It’s of Onion or brioche buns.
- Prepare of For onion Swiss burgers:.
- It’s 1/2 of Vidalia onion sliced.
- You need 1 cup of mushrooms sliced.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of butter.
- It’s 2 slices of Swiss cheese.
- It’s of For loaded bacon burger:.
- You need 4 strips of bacon cut in half.
- You need of Lettuce.
- Prepare slices of Tomato.
- Prepare 2 slices of American cheese.
- You need of Onion slices or toppings of choice.
In a bowl, combine the onions, Worcestershire sauce, salt and mushrooms if using. Cook patties in skillet until browned. Recipe from the wonderful Erin Jepsen, inspired by Rachel I added mushrooms to the onions. Will be using this recipe all summer long.
French onion burgers (mushroom & Swiss or fully loaded bacon burgers) step by step
- Mix ground beef with French onion soup mix and spices stated and cook..
- Sauté mushrooms and onions in butter about 7 minutes..
- Cook bacon..
- Place onions, mushrooms and Swiss cheese on top 2 burgers and place on brioche or onion buns. Top the remaining 2 burgers with cheese and bacon and toppings listed or toppings of your choice! Enjoy!.
Hot Pepper Burgers with Avocado and Grilled Onion. Even with adding a some beef broth to the mix, the burgers were bland and a little dry. The onion/mushroom mixture was good, but not enough to make this again. I left out the cheese bc I don't like cheese on my burgers, subbed sauteed spinach for the arugula, and used pita bread bc I didn't have any hamburger buns, and it was wonderful!!! See, when French Onion Soup Burgers first came on my radar, I was intrigued.