30 minute French onion stuffed & smothered chicken. Making traditional French Onion Soup from scratch can take time. What does french onion soup taste like. If you have ever had caramelised onions, you will know it has a sweetness to them.
A delightful appetizer for your holiday dinner party! I love stuffed mushrooms in any form and am always thinking of fun little variations. Warm, cozy, and flavorful, this French onion soup is prepared with beef stock and caramelized How to Make the Best French Onion Soup. You can have 30 minute French onion stuffed & smothered chicken using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of 30 minute French onion stuffed & smothered chicken
- You need 2 of chicken breasts.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of butter.
- You need 2 of medium sized Vidalia onions.
- You need 1/2 cup of beef broth.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of minced garlic.
- You need 1-8 ounce of bar of cream cheese softened.
- It’s 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella.
- It’s 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It’s of Toothpicks to seal chicken breasts.
There are two essential components of a good French Bring to a simmer, cover the pot and lower the heat to maintain a low simmer. These mushrooms are stuffed with french onion soup ingredients. French Onion Stuffed Meatballs are the ULTIMATE comfort food. French Onion Soup is probably one of the most epic soups in this whole wide world.
30 minute French onion stuffed & smothered chicken instructions
- Preheat oven to 400. Thinly slice onions and place in a skillet (preferably cast iron) with butter, minced garlic and a dash of salt and pepper. Cook on low about 6-8 minutes to caramelize them then add 1/4 cup of the beef broth. Cook another 5 minutes on low..
- Mix softened cream cheese, mozzarella, and onions in a bowl..
- Butterfly your chicken breasts and season inside and out with salt and pepper. (I pounded mine a little thinner but you don’t have to.) Stuff chicken breast with cream cheese onion mixture and use toothpicks to seal them..
- Place chicken breasts in the same skillet you used to cook the onions on medium heat and sear 4 minutes on each side..
- Mix remaining broth with remaining onion cream cheese mixture and place on the bottom of your baking pan and place chicken on top. Spoon some of the mixture on top the chicken breasts and bake covered 15-20 minutes until fully cooked. Remove tooth picks and serve..
Caramelised onions aside, the rest of the soup is effortless. Get all the tasty brown stuff off the bottom of the pot by deglazing it French Onion Soup. French onion soup is one of my favorite soups, we order it all the time but it's just as easy to make from scratch and so much lighter. You want the onions to get soft and turn a nice golden color. Cheesy French Onion Stuffed Mushrooms Are The Perfect Party App.