Fried Calf liver and onions. Carefully drain all milk off liver. This liver and onions recipe will delight liver lovers! Quickly cook tender calf liver in bacon fat and serve with plenty of savory sautéed onions.
First, use the most organic, free-range, antibiotic, hormone-free calf. Calves live is the most tender, but if you marinate in milk most of the day (which I do) and not flip it more than needed you will have a nice tender liver that will melt in your mouth I absolutely loved this recipe! I added a little garlic to the pan before I fried the onions, and that gave it a really nice flavour. You can cook Fried Calf liver and onions using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fried Calf liver and onions
- It’s 1 lbs of calf liver.
- It’s 3 c of whole milk.
- It’s 8 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 of yellow onion.
- It’s 2 of heaping cups of flour.
- Prepare 1 tbs of salt.
- Prepare 2 tsp of pepper.
- You need 3 tsp of cajun seasoning.
Pan-Fried Calf's Liver and Caramelized Onions Recipe Served with a Sweet and Sour Demi-Glace Pan-Sauce. Lately my calves liver gets all puffed up and loose after I pan cook it. Is there something that I haven't heard about? Add onions and continue to fry until golden brown edges on the onions.
Fried Calf liver and onions instructions
- Cover liver completely with milk, cover and let sit in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours. I let mine sit for 6..
- Carefully drain all milk off liver. Set aside.
- Add all your seasonings to your flour. Set aside..
- Melt 2 tbsp of butter to nonstick skillet and saute onions on medium high heat until softened and crispy on edges. Remove and set aside.
- Melt the rest of butter to pan. dredge liver in the flour mixture (be careful because it falls apart easily) and fry on medium heat for about 4 minutes on each side. You may have to cook in batches if using smaller pan, in that case just divide the butter for each batch..
- When each side is nice and browned add onions back to pan and saute for a minute or so more. I like my liver and onions crispy! But you can make a gravy out of reserve from the pan..
Add milk soaked liver and fry two-three minutes per side. … Liver and Onions is definitely an acquired taste. I just wonder if all the people that seem to be turned off by For me, Liver and Onions is one of those things I just like to have "ever so often." Oh, and I used calves liver. So very good, much better than my mother's burned black and blue then. In this week's Cipriani At Home, we show you how to make our "Fegato Alla Veneziana," a classic Venetian Dish. Learn more recipes from Harry's Bar from our.