Vegan Zucchini Lasagna.
You can have Vegan Zucchini Lasagna using 15 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegan Zucchini Lasagna
- You need 1/2 of an onion.
- It’s of Minced garlic.
- It’s of Minced ginger.
- You need of Brown Mushrooms.
- You need 1 of green pepper.
- You need of Veggie Ground Round.
- You need of Pasta sauce.
- It’s 1 of tomato.
- Prepare 1 of jalapeno.
- Prepare of Zucchini.
- Prepare of Vegan ricotta (5-ingredient recipe provided).
- It’s of Vegan shredded cheese.
- You need of Cooked pasta.
- You need of Spinach.
- It’s of Seasoning (eg. Red pepper, cumin, coriander, oregano, Italiano).
Vegan Zucchini Lasagna instructions
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Cut Zucchini into long 'lasagna strips'.
- Place the zucchini strips on parchment paper on a baking tray and bake for 15 mins (keep the oven on once you remove them).
- Bonus: make vegan ricotta cheese by blending together 2 cups of silvered blanched almonds, 2-3 tsp of nutritional yeast, 2 tbsp of lemon juice, 1/2 tsp of sea salt, dash of garlic powder, dash of oregano, and 3/4 cups of water). To get the consistency right you can slowly add more water as needed!.
- Saute the diced onions, garlic, ginger.
- Add the diced tomato and jalapeno.
- Add the diced green pepper and mushrooms and spinach.
- Once the veggies are semi-cooked, add a ground meat alternative of your choice (I used half a package of Yves ground round).
- Add seasonings of your liking.
- Add pasta sauce.
- Add cooked pasta noodles (penne or macaroni) to mixture.
- Layer everything by placing half the amount of mix into the bottom of a Lasagna pan then sprinkle in the shredded cheese and ricotta then add the zucchini strips then add more cheese and more mix and more cheese and then more zucchini strips and lastly more cheese (lasagna style)!.
- Let this bake at 400 for 45 mins with aluminum foil over the top.
- Bon appetit!.
Welcome to the official American Food Website, where you can chat with chefs, get recipes and connect with food-minded friends.