Leftover Steak with Onions. This is a delicious sandwich and a great way to use up leftover steak — I really don't even bother measuring out the exact amounts, the amounts I have listed I think are pretty fry the onions and mushroom/garlic mixture well in advance — it's not really necessary to brown the bread, I like to do so. Ingredients of Leftover Steak with Onions Prepare of Steak. Here is how you achieve it.
That umami-rich combination is then turned into a sandwich filling, along with cheese, green pepper, and steak gravy. These leftover steak recipes are the best way to use up extra flank or sirloin steak, from steak sandwiches, salads, tacos, and more. This creamy, comforting mac and cheese has all the flavors of a classic cheesesteak: green peppers, onions, and delicious beef. You can cook Leftover Steak with Onions using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Leftover Steak with Onions
- You need of Steak.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin.
- You need To taste of salt.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 1-1/2 pound of leftover steak.
- It’s of Onions.
- You need 1 of large onion.
- You need 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of pink Himalayan salt.
- You need of Tortillas and such.
- Prepare 6 of medium size flour tortillas.
- You need 1/2 cup of black ripened olives sliced.
- You need 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- You need 1/4 cup of peanut oil to fry the tortillas.
- Prepare To taste of chili garlic sauce the one with the rooster on it.
Leftover steak is an ideal hot sandwich filling. To use it for Philly cheesesteaks, cook the peppers and onions on the grill or stove top, adding the sliced cooked steak only at the end to warm it through. Stuff the fixings into sandwich rolls, season with salt and pepper to taste, and top with melty American. Dress up your leftover flank steak with a caramelized onion-and-bell pepper mix and all the fixings.
Leftover Steak with Onions instructions
- Stack the steak then slice into 1/4 inch strips. Heat the oil..
- Fry the steak in the oil with a little salt and the ground cumin. Heat the peanut oil to fry the tortillas then fry about 20-30 seconds per side. Move to a paper towel to absorb excessive amounts of oil..
- Heat the peanut oil and slice the onions. Add the onion to the hot oil. After 3 minutes add in the sugar and then the salt. Stirfry the onions for about 15 minutes..
- Build the tortillas with sour cream, then olives, onion, and sliced steak..
- Almost done now add the chili garlic sauce. Serve I hope you enjoy!!!.
Everyone can customize their fajitas with toppings To make this recipe work with last night's steak, use your slow-cooker only for the onion-and-peppers mixture and stir the steak into the dish to warm. The Best Leftover Onions Recipes on Yummly This search takes into account your taste preferences. Hash made with leftover steak, onions, mushrooms and potatoes turns even more flavorful and interesting topped with a fried eggs. Turn the heat to medium and add the onions, steak and stock to the mushrooms.