Cornbread with Ham, Onions and Tomatoes. Add drained tomatoes, cornbread cubes, asparagus and ham to whisked egg mixture; stir to combine, pressing gently to help cornbread absorb egg mixture. Add drained tomatoes, cornbread cubes, asparagus and ham to whisked egg mixture; stir to combine, pressing gently to help cornbread absorb egg Cook briefly and add chicken broth. Stir in olives and stuffing mix.
But not just any cornbread, these are loaded with flavors. Sweet fresh tomatoes are diced small and added to the muffins. Be the first to review this recipe. You can have Cornbread with Ham, Onions and Tomatoes using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cornbread with Ham, Onions and Tomatoes
- You need 1/2 pound of smoked ham.
- You need 1/4 cup of lard.
- It’s 15 ounces of canned diced tomatoes with their juices.
- Prepare 1-1/2 tablespoons of chives.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of green onion.
- Prepare 1-1/2 cups of buttermilk cornbread mix.
- You need 1/2 cup of self rising flour.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of double acting baking powder.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- You need 1/3 cup of finely chopped bell pepper.
- You need 1 of large egg.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of sugar.
Vine-ripe tomatoes deserve a lighter treatment of fillings. These are filled with vegetables and bacon, highlighting, not hiding, the tomatoes true flavor. Corn and tomato are a well-loved summer pair. Here, they join forces in a playful skillet cornbread that's guaranteed to not only elicit oohs and aahs but You'll infuse the cornbread with rich, tomato flavor while ensuring it stays perfectly moist.
Cornbread with Ham, Onions and Tomatoes step by step
- Get the ham that has the least amount of white streaks in it. Remove the white tough membrane. Chop the onions, chives, and bell pepper. Mince the ham..
- Mix the lard, flour, cornbread mix, egg, sugar, baking powder, pepper, onion mixture, ham, and salt. Add the tomato and its juices. Then finally stir in the water..
- Heat the lard it will smoke, it will burn, if you're not careful. Spoon in a clump and fry. Turn often or it will char. Pile them on a paper towel till all are done. I hope you enjoy!!.
Just be sure to reserve a bit of soup to infuse rich tomato. Fill each tomato with cornbread stuffing and place in a greased baking dish. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top and bake uncovered another minute or until cheese begins to melt. This recipe for Southern cornbread ham salad is a perfect hearty supper salad, and is a great way to use up leftover ham! Traditional cornbread salad is classic Southern side dish that features crumbled up cornbread tossed with beans, corn, sometimes tomatoes, sometimes bacon, and.