Use-up Pork Hash-style.
You can cook Use-up Pork Hash-style using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Use-up Pork Hash-style
- Prepare 500 g of potatoes, peeled and diced.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of vegetable oil, cold-pressed preferred.
- Prepare 3 of onions, chopped.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of red chili with seeds, sliced.
- You need 1 of red pepper, deseeded and sliced.
- It’s 3 of spring onions, thinly sliced.
- It’s 100 g of chestnut mushrooms, sliced.
- It’s 400 g of cooked pork, in bite-sized pieces.
- You need 1 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of Dijon mustard.
- You need of Ground black pepper.
- It’s of Fresh parsley, chopped.
- Prepare 4 of eggs (optional).
Use-up Pork Hash-style instructions
- Par-boil the potatoes in salted water for about 7 minutes, drain and set aside for Step 4..
- In a large saucepan bring the oil to a medium-high heat and fry the onions for 3 minutes, only stirring to avoid sticking..
- Add the garlic, chili and pepper and stir gently but thoroughly. Then add the spring onions and mushrooms and cook for a further 3 or so minutes, stirring occasionally, until all is lightly coloured but not burnt..
- Add back the set-aside potatoes, mixing all together and pressing down lightly to semi-mash. Cook for a further 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally to avoid sticking, until the potatoes are lightly browned..
- Add the pork pieces, mix all together, cook for 4-5 minutes to heat the meat and then stir in the Worcestershire sauce and the mustard. Season to taste..
- Meanwhile, if you’ve chosen to have the optional eggs, fry these in a separate pan..
- Served onto warmed plates, adding an optional fried egg on top if wished and garnish with the chopped parsley..