Use-up Pork Hash-style.
You can cook Use-up Pork Hash-style using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Use-up Pork Hash-style
- Prepare 500 g of potatoes, peeled and diced.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of vegetable oil, cold-pressed preferred.
- Prepare 3 of onions, chopped.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of red chili with seeds, sliced.
- You need 1 of red pepper, deseeded and sliced.
- It’s 3 of spring onions, thinly sliced.
- It’s 100 g of chestnut mushrooms, sliced.
- It’s 400 g of cooked pork, in bite-sized pieces.
- You need 1 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of Dijon mustard.
- You need of Ground black pepper.
- It’s of Fresh parsley, chopped.
- Prepare 4 of eggs (optional).
Use-up Pork Hash-style instructions
- Par-boil the potatoes in salted water for about 7 minutes, drain and set aside for Step 4..
- In a large saucepan bring the oil to a medium-high heat and fry the onions for 3 minutes, only stirring to avoid sticking..
- Add the garlic, chili and pepper and stir gently but thoroughly. Then add the spring onions and mushrooms and cook for a further 3 or so minutes, stirring occasionally, until all is lightly coloured but not burnt..
- Add back the set-aside potatoes, mixing all together and pressing down lightly to semi-mash. Cook for a further 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally to avoid sticking, until the potatoes are lightly browned..
- Add the pork pieces, mix all together, cook for 4-5 minutes to heat the meat and then stir in the Worcestershire sauce and the mustard. Season to taste..
- Meanwhile, if you’ve chosen to have the optional eggs, fry these in a separate pan..
- Served onto warmed plates, adding an optional fried egg on top if wished and garnish with the chopped parsley..
Welcome to the official American Food Website, where you can chat with chefs, get recipes and connect with food-minded friends.