Japanese ‘Nukazuke’ (fermented vegetables).
You can cook Japanese ‘Nukazuke’ (fermented vegetables) using 5 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Japanese ‘Nukazuke’ (fermented vegetables)
- It’s of Roasted rice bran (I bought this at supermarket. This is already salted, 20-25% salt).
- Prepare of water.
- Prepare of dried kelp, chili, dried roasted fish,.
- Prepare of dried Shiitake mushroom.
- Prepare of Leftover vegetables and fruit.
Japanese ‘Nukazuke’ (fermented vegetables) step by step
- This is the roasted salted rice bran I bought at the supermarket..
- Pour water several times and mix with hand until the rice bran mixture softened like Miso. Put some dried kelp, mushroom, fish and chili..
- Put some leftover vegetables and cover..
- The next day, take out the vegetables and mix with hand. Put some leftover vegetables again..
- The next day take vegetables out, and if the water comes up on surface please soak it up with sponge or cotton cloth. The rice bran mixture (Nukadoko) is ready. Keep mixing every day by hand and I keep this in refrigerator. Let’s make fermented cucumber..
- After overnight take cucumber out. Add salt and new kelp and shiitake. Mix with hand well..
- Make daily fermented vegetables. Enjoy🇯🇵.
- Dried persimmon skin and dried Japanese Yuzu lemon. I put theses in Nukazuke, this is my grand mother way of making tasty Nukazuke..
Welcome to the official American Food Website, where you can chat with chefs, get recipes and connect with food-minded friends.