Tofu and Chinese leaf stir-fry.
You can cook Tofu and Chinese leaf stir-fry using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tofu and Chinese leaf stir-fry
- It’s 1 of whole block of tofu (firm).
- Prepare 1 of whole Chinese leaf cabbage.
- You need 3 tablespoons of light soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 of heaped tablespoons of garlic and ginger paste.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of pure sesame oil.
- You need of Salt and black pepper (to taste).
- It’s Half of a teaspoon of corn flour.
- Prepare 1 of heaped teaspoon of tomato ketchup.
- You need 1 teaspoon of rice vinegar.
- Prepare 2 of diced onions.
- You need of Some chopped coriander.
Tofu and Chinese leaf stir-fry step by step
- Fry the tofu in some oil to make it slightly crispy, make sure to turn it so that both sides are crispy. Season with salt and pepper..
- Then remove the tofu and set it aside. Start frying the onion, after a few minutes add the garlic and ginger paste..
- When softened add the Chinese leaf, I like to separate the stalk from the leaf as this takes longer to cook. Stir Fry the stalk for 2 minutes then proceed to add the leaf part.
- Mix together the soy sauce, vinegar, corn flour, ketchup and sesame oil with a splash of water and then add to the cabbage. Check the seasoning and add salt and pepper accordingly. Add the tofu back in..
- Stir Fry for another few minutes and add fresh coriander just before serving..