Whiskey Maple Onion Jam.
You can cook Whiskey Maple Onion Jam using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Whiskey Maple Onion Jam
- Prepare 2 of purple onions, chopped.
- You need 1/2 cup of whiskey.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of granulated white sugar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of maple syrup.
- You need 2 tbsp of white balsamic vinegar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of coursely ground black pepper.
Whiskey Maple Onion Jam step by step
- Add the onions and 1/4 cup of water to a medium pot and put it on high heat. Boil, stirring occasionally until most of the water is gone. Add a splash of extra virgin olive oil and a couple of pinches of salt..
- Turn the heat down to medium-high and continue cooking until the onions are sticky and the colour of milk chocolate. Be sure to stir frequently to prevent burning. This step will take about 30 minutes..
- Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the whiskey. Put it back on the heat and allow the whiskey to cook off for 1 or 2 minutes. Sprinkle on the sugar but do not stir. Jiggle the pot if you have to. Do it carefully; being splattered with hot sugar is the worst..
- Let the sugar fully melt, then keep cooking for 5 minutes. Stir in the maple syrup, vinegar, and another couple of pinches of salt and cook for a final 1 minute. Remove from the heat and stir in the pepper. Let it cool before you taste it..
Welcome to the official American Food Website, where you can chat with chefs, get recipes and connect with food-minded friends.