You can cook Alfajores Chilenos using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Alfajores Chilenos
- Prepare 2 cups of plain flour.
- You need 3 of egg yolks.
- Prepare 1 TBSP of melted unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1 TSP of apple vinegar.
- Prepare 7 TBSP of full-fat milk.
- You need 1 tin of caramel.
- It’s of desiccated coconut for dusting the sides.
Alfajores Chilenos step by step
- In a bowl, sieve the flour then add the egg yolks. Mix with a fork or use a mixer. Mix well till it gets crumbly..
- Add the butter, vinegar, and milk all at once and mix till all ingredients are incorporated. Knead for about 10 minutes then wrap the dough in cling film and let it rest in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before rolling it..
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius. Roll thin, like a biscuit, around 1 to 2 mm thick, if you have a pasta machine, it's even better. Use a round cookie cutter to cut the biscuits, I used 6.5 cm. Cover a baking tray with parchment paper then place the biscuits on..
- Prick each biscuit with a fork and then bake them for about 10 to 12 minutes..
- Let the biscuits cool down. With the help of a spoon, fill one side of the biscuit then place another biscuit on top and press down..
- Roll the sides on coconut till all covered. They are ready. Enjoy!.