Ginger and Onions Sauce.
You can have Ginger and Onions Sauce using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ginger and Onions Sauce
- You need 1/3 cup of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 of shallot, finely chopped.
- You need 1 bunch of green onions, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of pinkie-sized nub of ginger, very finely minced.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of chopped chives.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of sea salt.
- You need of Dribble of roasted sesame oil.
Ginger and Onions Sauce step by step
- Put the shallot, green onions and ginger in a pyrex bowl..
- Heat the oil in a small pot over high heat until it's close to smoking. Carefully pour the oil into the bowl of onions and ginger. You should hear a sizzle..
- Stir in the chives, salt, and a small dribble (like, 2 or 3 drops) of sesame oil. Let sit for 15 minutes. The sauce can be served at room temperature, although I prefer mine slightly chilled in the fridge..
Welcome to the official American Food Website, where you can chat with chefs, get recipes and connect with food-minded friends.