Warm Griddled Vegetables With Halloumi.
You can cook Warm Griddled Vegetables With Halloumi using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Warm Griddled Vegetables With Halloumi
- Prepare 4 of medium courgettes.
- Prepare 2 of medium red onions.
- You need 1 of red bell pepper.
- It’s 1 of yellow bell pepper.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare of Dressing.
- You need 1 of good handful of coriander (15g approx), finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of chunky red chilli pepper, deseeded (optional), finely chopped.
- It’s of Salt to taste.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves, finely diced.
- Prepare of Cracked black pepper to taste.
- It’s 2 tsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of red vinegar.
Warm Griddled Vegetables With Halloumi step by step
- Prepare the vegetables. Cut the courgettes diagonally into 1cm thick pieces. Cut the peppers in half, remove seeds and stalk and cut in half again. Peel the onions but keep the root intact as it'll hold the onion pieces together. Cut into 8 wedges..
- Add the courgette, peppers and onions to a bowl and toss in the olive oil..
- Heat a griddle pan over high heat. Grill the vegetables in batches for 6-8 minutes or until Soft and tender. Turn once and use a spatula to squash down the vegetables slightly into the pan. Don't overcrowd the pan as room is needed to turn the vegetables..
- In the meantime make the dressing by mixing all the sauce ingredients together in a small bowl..
- Slice the Halloumi (225g) into 6-8 pieces, brush each side with olive oil or frylight spray and grill for 1-2 minutes on each side..
- Toss the dressing and the vegetables together and serve with the Halloumi pieces..
- Tip: while cooking in batches place the cooked vegetables in a small lidded saucepan as it'll keep the vegetables warm for longer..