Shiitake & Lotus Root ‘Goma-ae’. The shiitake is an edible mushroom native to East Asia, which is cultivated and consumed in many East Asian countries. It is considered a medicinal mushroom in some forms of traditional medicine..ши-итаке, сиитакэ, сян гу, чёрный гриб, Hua Gu, Xiang Gu, Oak Mushroom, Golden Oak Mushroom, Oriental Black Mushroom, Chinese Black Mushroom, Glossagyne, Chinese Shiitake. Shiitake mushrooms are prized for their rich taste.
Shiitake Mushrooms: Thoughts on Production and Marketing. Shiitakes have a meaty texture and robust, earthy flavor. They've grown wild in Asia for centuries, though today they are more often What are Shiitake Mushrooms? You can have Shiitake & Lotus Root ‘Goma-ae’ using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Shiitake & Lotus Root ‘Goma-ae’
- You need of Frozen Lotus Root *thiner slices recommended.
- It’s of Shiitake Mushrooms *thickly sliced.
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of Sesame Oil *OR Oil of your choice.
- Prepare of 'Goma-ae' Sauce.
- Prepare of Toasted Sesame Seeds *ground.
- Prepare of Soy Sauce.
- It’s of & 1/2 tablespoons Sugar.
Shiitake is used as an anti-cancer drug in Japan and sanctioned for this purpose by their FDA. Shiitake mushroom is commonly used in East Asian cuisine, and it is also valued as an anticancer agent. Small studies have evaluated shiitake mushroom extract, with mixed results. Shiitake mushroom is by far one of the world's most popular edible mushroom species.
Shiitake & Lotus Root ‘Goma-ae’ instructions
- Grind Toasted Sesame Seeds, OR use the trick ‘How To Grind Sesame Seeds Using A Plastic Bag’. Add Sugar and Soy Sauce and mix well to make ‘Goma-ae’ Sauce..
- Clean OR wash Shiitake and thickly slice. Heat 1 teaspoon Sesame Oil in a frying pan over high heat, cook Shiitake. Season with 1 pinch Salt and transfer to a mixing bowl..
- Add extra 1 teaspoons Sesame Oil and stir-fry 1/2 of Frozen Lotus Root slices. When cooked and slightly browned, transfer to the mixing bowl. Repeat with remaining Lotus Root slices..
- Add 'Goma-ae' Sauce and mix to combine..
Shiitake's have been utilized by humans for thousands of years. Shiitake are mushrooms that are native to East Asia, growing in groups on the decaying wood of Most of the shiitake are grown in Japan, but they also grow in Canada, China, Singapore, and the. Shiitake Mushroom Showcase Botanical name: Lentinula edodes.