Keralan style chicken curry.
You can cook Keralan style chicken curry using 28 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Keralan style chicken curry
- Prepare of Chicken marinade.
- It’s 600 g of chicken thigh fillets.
- It’s 1 tsp of turmeric.
- You need 1 tsp of white wine vinegar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare of The sauce.
- Prepare 5 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 5 of shallots.
- You need 2 inch of root ginger.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of fennel seeds crushed.
- It’s 1 of large red onion finely chopped.
- You need 2-3 of medium tomatoes chopped.
- You need 1 of medium potato peeled and chopped.
- It’s 10 of curry leaves.
- Prepare 5 of green chilli sliced down the middle.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of turmeric.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of coriander powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cumin powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Garam Masala.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of chilli powder.
- It’s of Salt to taste.
- It’s 3 of large handfuls of spinach.
- You need 2 tbsp of natural yogurt.
- Prepare of Garnish.
- You need 10 of curry leaves.
- You need 2 of shallots very finely sliced.
- It’s of Coconut oil.
Keralan style chicken curry step by step
- First marinade the chicken by mixing the marinade ingredients into the chicken and setting aside for a minimum of 30 minutes..
- Next make a paste by adding the chopped shallots, ginger, garlic and crushed fennel seeds to a dish or pot and blitzing with a stick blender. Then set aside..
- Next add 1 tbsp coconut oil a heavy based pot over a medium heat and add the chopped onions, chilli and curry leaves. Fry until soft..
- Add the dried spices and fry for another 2 minutes. Then add the garlic / ginger paste. Fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and cook until soft. Then add the chicken, potatoes and 175ml water. Cover, then down the heat to medium low and cook for 15 minutes..
- Remove the lid and cool for another 7-10 minutes until the sauce starts to thicken..
- Meanwhile, In a separate pan, add 1 tbsp coconut oil to a frying pan. Heat over a high heat and quickly fry the curry leaves and shallots for 30 – 60 seconds until golden..
- Once the sauce has thickened, stir in the spinach until wilted. Then stir in the yogurt, season to taste and serve with rice..
Welcome to the official American Food Website, where you can chat with chefs, get recipes and connect with food-minded friends.