Flourless Healthy Oatmeal Cookies.
You can cook Flourless Healthy Oatmeal Cookies using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Flourless Healthy Oatmeal Cookies
- You need of Dry Ingredients.
- Prepare 1 cup of regular uncooked rolled oats.
- You need 1/4 cup of dried cranberries/ black raisins/ golden raisins.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of crushed or chopped cashew nuts/ almond nuts/ walnuts.
- It’s of Wet Ingredients.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- Prepare 150 g of or 1/2 cup cashew butter/ almond butter/ walnuts butter (please see below for DIY).
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of baking powder or 1/4 teaspoon baking soda.
- You need 3 tablespoon of maltose or unsweetened applesauce.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of flavoring powder or extract (e.g. cacao, strawberry).
- You need 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract (optional).
- It’s 1 teaspoon of cinnamon (optional).
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of salt (optional).
Flourless Healthy Oatmeal Cookies step by step
- Crush the nuts · Put the nuts into a zip lock bag and crush it to small pieces with a pounder..
- DIY butter (Optional) · Blend nuts to paste form. Tips: If your food processor is not powerful enough, blend for 5-10 seconds and stop for 10-20 seconds. Repeat this cycle until the job is done. This is to prevent food processor from overheating..
- Plump the raisins (Optional but recommended) · Pour boiling water enough to cover the raisins. Soak for 10 minutes and let it cool. Do not drain the water. Tips: Use a smaller container so that lesser water is used. This means the raisins can retain more of their sweetness and the dough used later will be thicker..
- Bake 1. Set oven to 176 degrees Celsius. 2. Whisk the egg in a bowl. 3. Add the remaining wet ingredients and stir well. The mixture will thicken as you stir..
- Bake 4. Add dry ingredients and mix thoroughly..
- Bake 5. Divide the dough evenly using a spoon or ice cream scoop onto a baking sheet. Press gently on each ball since the cookies will not rise much in the oven. Tips: Use two spoons so that it is easier to shape up the ball..
- Bake 6. Bake for 8-10 minutes and then allow them to cool. They will harden and become chewy as they cool. Cookie flavor: Original: milk + walnuts + black raisins Brown: cacao + cashew nuts + cranberries Red velvet: beetroot dye & vanilla + almond nuts + golden raisins Yellow: tangerine & vanilla + berries.
Welcome to the official American Food Website, where you can chat with chefs, get recipes and connect with food-minded friends.