Hamburger Steaks with Mushroom and Onion Gravy.
You can have Hamburger Steaks with Mushroom and Onion Gravy using 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Hamburger Steaks with Mushroom and Onion Gravy
- It’s of About 2 lbs Hamburger.
- It’s of Baby Portabella mushrooms, sliced (you can also use canned!).
- Prepare 1 of onion, sliced in thin rings and then cut rings in half.
- You need of About 3-4 tablespoons flour.
- It’s of Water and beef broth.
Hamburger Steaks with Mushroom and Onion Gravy step by step
- Make patties and season as desired. I use season salt, salt, pepper and garlic powder..
- Brown patties and remove from skillet. Set aside. You should have about 4 tablespoons of grease in the skillet. If hamburger is lean, you can add butter or oil to make 4 tablespoons..
- Add onions and mushrooms and saute until onions are clear and mushrooms after tender..
- Add flour and cook for a couple of minutes, stirring constantly..
- Add equal amounts of water and beef broth, about 3 cups total. Stir to mix well and bring mixture to a slow boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to simmer..
- Add patties back to gravy mixture and simmer for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Serve with mashed potatoes!.