Pickled Asparagus with an Onion.
You can have Pickled Asparagus with an Onion using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pickled Asparagus with an Onion
- It’s of Vegetables to be pickled.
- Prepare 1-1/2 pound of asparagus whole.
- You need 1 of medium onion.
- It’s of Spices.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of minced garlic.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of juniper berries.
- You need 1 tablespoon of pickling spices.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of honey.
- Prepare 1 of Solution part.
- Prepare 1 cup of apple cider vinegar raw/organic.
- You need 1 cup of white distilled vinegar.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of canning salt.
- It’s 2 of Solution part.
- It’s 2 cups of water.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of canning salt.
Pickled Asparagus with an Onion instructions
- Heat the vinegars to a boil dissolve the salt..
- Cut the woody end off the asparagus bottoms and discard. Trim the asparagus to fit the height of the sterilized jar. Get the pickling spices. Stuff the jar with the asparagus, spices, and sliced onion..
- Add the honey first then the boiling vinegar solution..
- Boil the water and salt then top off the jar. Put the lid on careful this will be hot. Shake a wee bit to mix. Set on a paper towel. The jar and lid is very hot. If you set it on something cold it could shatter the jar causing you cuts and burns, please be careful..
- Let this cool and check lid to see if it sealed. The top center of lid should be sucked in. If not put into a refrigerator for a week or two. If it has let sit on shelf to pickle for about two-6 weeks. I hope you enjoy!!!!.
Welcome to the official American Food Website, where you can chat with chefs, get recipes and connect with food-minded friends.