Healthy Vegan Peanut-Butter Pie.
You can cook Healthy Vegan Peanut-Butter Pie using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Healthy Vegan Peanut-Butter Pie
- Prepare of the Chocolate Almond Crust:.
- It’s 2 cups of Almond Flour.
- It’s 1/4 cup of cocoa powder.
- You need 1/4 cup of coconut oil.
- You need 1/4 cup of maple syrup.
- Prepare of For the Peanut butter filling:.
- You need 1 cup of Peanut Butter.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Chia seeds.
- You need 1/3 cup of Maple syrup.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Coconut oil.
Healthy Vegan Peanut-Butter Pie step by step
- Preheat the oven 180°C (350°F). Using a pastry brush, brush some melted coconut oil all over a 9-inch round pie pan with removable bottom (this makes it easier to unmold the crust especially if you bake it!). Set aside..
- In a large mixing bowl, add almond flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, melted coconut oil and maple syrup..
- Use your hands to knead the ingredients together for about 90 seconds. Squeeze well all ingredients to bring them in contact and create a sticky pie dough. You don't have to form a ball as it's a press in crust but make sure the dough is consistent and sticky..
- Bring the dough into the pan and press in the dough to cover the entire pan. Make sure you don't leave holes or it will crack in those areas when baked. Use the back of a spoon to smooth the surface. I recommend you watch my recipe video below to see my technique to get the crust pretty in a second..
- Bake the crust for 15-20 minutes at 180°C or freeze for 10 minutes if you prefer your pie raw. Meanwhile prepare the peanut butter filling..
- In a blender, add all the peanut butter filling ingredient. Blend on high speed until it forms a thick sticky paste. If it is too thick and hard to blend, add a splash more coconut milk up to 1/4 cup. Always blend between each addition..
- If you bake the crust, remove pie from the oven and cool down for 15 minutes in the pan then push the removable bottom to release the pie crust easily. You may have to loosen the sides of the crust with the tip of a sharp knife to make sure it unmold without breaking on the sides..
- When the crust is at room temperature, pour the peanut butter filling into the pie crust. If you freeze the crust to make a no bake peanut butter pie, simply take the pie out of freezer and pour the filling immediately, that is ok if the crust is very cold..
- Spread evenly the peanut butter filling onto the pie crust. Refrigerate 30 minutes then decorate with pieces of vegan dark chocolate and drizzle of fresh peanut butter and melted dark chocolate.
Welcome to the official American Food Website, where you can chat with chefs, get recipes and connect with food-minded friends.