Sweet Caramelised Red Onions.
You can have Sweet Caramelised Red Onions using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sweet Caramelised Red Onions
- You need 4 of red onions, sliced, (If using large sized onions use less),.
- You need 1 of heaped tbsp dark soft brown sugar,.
- It’s 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar,.
- You need 1 tsp of mustard seeds,.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground cumin,.
- It’s of Salt and pepper to season,.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cooking oil.
Sweet Caramelised Red Onions step by step
- Heat a skillet or medium pan up over a medium heat and add in the cooking oil. Add in the onions and begin to gently fry them, moving around the pan so they don't catch. When the onions begin to soften season with salt and pepper..
- Add the sugar and the balsamic vinegar and stir through. Once melted down cook for a further 8-10 minutes on a lower heat, again moving the onions around the pan every so often..
- Add in the cumin plus the mustard seeds and stir through. Cook the onions for a further 8-10 minutes over a very low gentle heat until soft, sticky and beautifully caramalised. Serve up and enjoy! :).