Maple Bacon-Onion Jam.
You can have Maple Bacon-Onion Jam using 6 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Maple Bacon-Onion Jam
- Prepare 1 Lb. of Bacon, thick cut (thin will work).
- It’s 2 of Onions, large and sweet (I use 1 purple/1 white), chopped.
- Prepare 0.33 C. of Coffee, strong.
- It’s 0.5 C. of Brown sugar, light, packed.
- You need 1 Tbs. of Balsalmic vinegar.
- Prepare 0.25 tsp. of Maple extract (optional).
Maple Bacon-Onion Jam instructions
- Utensils needed: Large saute pan, wooden/silicone spoon, bowl to hold cooked bacon, scissors/knife to cut raw bacon, raw meat (red) cutting mat, vegetable knife, vegetable (green) cutting mat, 1/2 C. dry measuring cup, 1 C. liquid measuring cup, measure spoons, air-tight container for hot mixture, hot pads, stove, and optional spatter screen..
- Chop onions. Pre-measure all ingredients..
- With heat off and over large saute pan, cut cold, uncooked Bacon across the grain into 1/2 inch pieces. Turn on medium heat; stirring often, cook Bacon until soft-cooked, but done. Spoon cooked Bacon into bowl for later (no need to drain). Reserve 2 Tbs. of Bacon drippings in pan..
- Add Onions to Bacon drippings and cook until translucent..
- Add Brown sugar, maple extract, and Coffee to cooked Onions. Mix well..
- Add Bacon to Onion mixture. Mix thoroughly..
- Cook Bacon-Onion mixture until sugar begins to carmelize..
- Add Balsalmic vinegar to Bacon-Onion mixture cooking until liquid is absorbed..
- Serve hot as appetizer with crackers and cheese or on burgers hot off the grill. Can store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks. Only reheat amount needed..
Welcome to the official American Food Website, where you can chat with chefs, get recipes and connect with food-minded friends.