Southern Hamburger Chunks with Onion Gravy.
You can cook Southern Hamburger Chunks with Onion Gravy using 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Southern Hamburger Chunks with Onion Gravy
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef.
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of onion powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- You need 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 of small sweet onion diced into thin strips.
- You need 3 Tablespoons of butter (optional).
- It’s 1 packet of brown gravy mix.
- It’s 1 cup of water.
- You need of parsley (for garnish).
Southern Hamburger Chunks with Onion Gravy step by step
- Add ground beef, olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, & salt into a large bowl..
- Use your hands to combine the spices with the beef..
- Shape the mixture into 3 patties..
- Heat a large stainless steel skillet over medium-high heat..
- Sear the burgers on both sides to create a nice "crust" on the burgers. (Note: My patties broke apart, so I broke them into big chunks).
- Remove burgers from skillet and place on a plate. Set aside..
- Leave 3 Tablespoons of fat in the skillet or add 3 tablespoons of butter if you prefer not to use beef fat..
- Add onions and saute until tender and golden..
- Slowly pour in water, then the gravy packet, and stir..
- Bring to a simmer and then add hamburgers back to the skillet..
- Simmer until gravy has thickened and hamburgers are cooked through..
- If needed, season with salt and black pepper..